Also worth looking at:
Adjectives Overview (humorous)
From: Fun With Adjectives Couldn’t be simpler. To construct a sentence with adjectives in Romanian, all you have to do is:
- Know the gender, case and number of the main noun
- Know the 1-4 forms for each adjective plus the appropriate case
- Use the correct adjective(s) after the main noun, separating each one with și
- Know the gender/number for any pronouns to match the main noun
- Place an isolated pronoun after the main noun but before the adjective(s) describing the main noun
- Place the adjective before the pronoun it describes and place the pronoun before the main noun, followed by the adjectives describing the main noun (but not the pronoun)
Really sometimes I wonder what all the fuss is about :P
Like nouns, the corresponding Adjective has to reflect the gender.
First see the Adjective Form Overview
- Noun: președinte (president, or Chairman)
- Adjective: inteligent (intelligent)
Our adjective ends in a consonant so it's 4-form:
|M & N Singular
|F & N Plural
Președinte inteligent.Intelligent president.
Președinți inteligenți cu dinți curați.Intelligent presidents with clean teeth.
avocat urat.Ugly lawyer.
avocați urațiUgly lawyers.